Sunday, May 08, 2005

happy mother's day

Mothers. Who can live with them, and without them? im pretty sure that all of you will agree with me when i say that they can really be a pain in the ass sometimes. mothers are these paranoid, over-protective, really mushy and sentimental creatures. they torment you with their over-acting rants about how hard it is raising kids. they scrutinize your every act as if they're some guard in the mall looking for illegal stuff in your bag. they over react when an anonymous male calls your phone. they hate it when you go out on a date, specially when they hate the guy. they call you immature and irresponsible when you left the pc still plugged. mothers can really be a pest in the morning, when they drag you out of the bed and disturb your erotic dream about some hot hunk. every mom is a stage mom, they always want their kids to be in the spotlight, to be the star. mothers are really annoying when they ground you. moms always shove these yucky vegetables in your mouth, telling you that these stuff will make you healthier. mothers will never ever let you get away without asking where will you go, what time will you be back and who are you with. moms can label you unhygienic, bum, unorthodox and unethical when you left your socks in your trainers. gah! mothers can really be thrifty. and i think all mothers are profesional "bungagera" when they're mad and provoked.

but you cant help but love them regardless of all the annoying stuff that they do. my mom never fails to amaze me when i remember all the sacrifices that she made for me and my sister. she managed to support us in every aspect, specially when she and my dad had separated. even with her busy schedule, she managed to be there in almost all of our school activities whether it may be big or small. when we moved to Abu dhabi and learned to live with other nationalities, she helped us to be liberated in a positive way, and at the same time, she never forgot to remind us of being a Filipino and raised us the normal pinoy way. when i entered college, she has supported me with the course i wanted to take, and even though i've been to three universities and already took up three different courses, she understood me. she understands that i am going through a stage of self-discovery, and i know that she never left my side. she gave me and my sister these material stuffs that every teenager would want, yet she never spoiled us. when i am here in the philippines and she's back abroad, a day would not pass without a simple hi from her. she stayed with me when i was sick, and she prayed for me when i was lost and confused. but most of all, she believed in me. and i believe that is love.

what my mother and i have, i can never put into words. i can never list all of the good things she has done for me, because it is endless, boundless. i have always put her up in this high pedestal, where i have always looked up on her as my inspiration and strength. she is my hero and i love her, more than words can explain, more than she will ever know.

happy mother's day Ma!