Saturday, April 23, 2005

im back..


for those of you who thought that i've ran away from civilization, or if i was abducted by aliens from outer space, or if i'm already dead, guys, please. geez, im still alive. i am currently in my tita's place in the beautiful batangas(its a lil bit provincial but a great place to be in specially on vacations). right now i am writing this entry while sitting near the window, admiring the quiet scene outside while the rain gently pours. ahhh. what a perfect day to just sit back and relax, drink home-made Latte, smoke some marlboro lights(my fave cigs), listen to some norah jones or dave matthews band music, read a good book, draw, and of course, write.


i was laughing my ass off when i checked my mail, my message box and my friendster. people were like, "tangina nasan ka na?", "hey avi, where the hell have you been?" and even "avi, buhay ka pa ba?". yes i am still alive, still sane and still the old avi. i am just having a vacation and having the time of my life. the place where i am in right now does not have an internet connection thats why i cant check my mails and post here in my site regularly. but, here i am now. for those of you who insist on knowing where on earth have i been, this entry is for you nosey people. lolz.

during these past few weeks of isolating myself from the internet world, i became attached to the "real" world". you know, i was kind of drawn to the fact of reliving and savouring every moment of my life, instead of writing it all down here for everyone to read. and i think its better that way. i've just finished reading this book called "Life of Pi", by Yann Martel (and thank you, Cielo, for lending me this book). its a book about an indian boy who became the sole human survivor of a shipwreck in the pacific ocean. he was stuck on a little boat together with a hyena, a zebra and a tiger. during those period of cruising in the middle of nowhere, he learned a lot of things in life, specially on survival, not just physically but emotionally and spiritually. well i think i can pretty much relate to this story. the world, specially my world, is a non-stop routine of studying, partying, dealing with problems, overcoming problems, travelling and a lot more. and i have discovered some things during these times. firstly, i have discovered that if you will go with the flow and just ride this roller coaster with your eyes closed and your body numb of feeling any emotions because you are so goal-oriented, well, you will never understand how blessed you are for having this very immense opportunity called life. see, some of us are very pre-occupied with our goals, problems, and some earthly shit that we tend to forget that every second of our life should be relished, appreciated and loved. second to this is that we should take time to just sit and have a good conversation with a good friend. i have done a lot of this during my 2nd term, and believe me, it really helps. im glad i have very smart and witty friends in taft... they keep me sane when i feel claustrophobic in my horrifying all-girl uni. haha. im just kidding. but seriously, a chat with a close friend at the end of the day can really help you evaluate your daily life. and a lot of starbucks frap will nicely go with this conversation too. haha. thirdly, i have discovered that everyday in life, you make descisions, whether it may be big or small, YOU have to make it. and when making these descisions, do not be afraid to take chances and most specially do not be afraid to believe in yourself. this really worked for me and i have proven this specially in my academic life. and stay with the positive people who boosts your morale, and listen to those not-so-positive people who sometimes tell you that you are not good enough, make them your inspiration to be better. besides, each and everyone of us is entitled to our own opinions, so when you hear them say negative stuff about you, just tell yourself, "fuck 'em, i dont give a goddamn shit about what theyre saying!!!" haha.

wait, im starting to sound like a self-help and inspirational book here. i better stop this or else you guys will think that i've lost it. haha.

so, for the nosey people who constantly ask whats up in my so-called life, haha.. here are some events that just popped in my head randomly..

- last two weeks of march was pure hell. haha. it was finals week so you can just imagine the papers i have to pass, the plates and floorplans and perspectives i have to design, draw and finish, the brain-melting tests i have to take...gah! hell!!! but its all worth it and when i got my grades and saw that it was aight, i felt satisfied... the hard work was all worth it...
- while in this two weeks of finals, we still managed to party, and this part was heaven. haha. belle(my roomate) and i have met a lot NFF(new found friends...haha) while clubbing in eastwood almost every time we have the money. haha. it was fun. dancing really puts you in a happy mood. ahhh. its nice to be young, you can multi-task a lot... haha...
- last week of march till first week of april, still the celebrating period. haha. and in between these days my sister and i are spending almost every morning in our dental clinic for our braces. shit. and you guys think that those who wear braces are cute? hell, the pain is indescribable! plus, these fucking metals is not just the medication you're gonna get, you still have to undergo series of tests and cleanings and tooth removals if you have any excess. yuck. you know, i think i can survive all of these, what i cant survive is the food deprivation. i cant eat properly with these things stuck in my mouth... sniff..sniff.. i should have listened to my mother when she told me to have the braces years ago... sniff..sniff..
- as you all know, my birthday is april 1st, but because of dental appointments, i moved the celebration on april 2nd. it was a joint celebration with jomai who has the same birthday, we ate dinner in Jack's Loft and then proceeded to Blue O to drink and dance. it was an awesome, casual night with my friends... too bad my high school friends didnt make it. haha. and i kind of liked the idea that it was my birthday, because my phone was ringing with phone calls and text messages non-stop the whole day. hehe, so feeling star naman ako. haha. thanks to those people who remembered my birthday...
- ricky left for the US. enough said. if i will talk more about the details, it will just make me sad... i miss you ricky, and im glad that we had the opportunity to spend some quality time before you left. and by the way, nothing has changed with me. i am still your bestfriend. and i know that you know that...
- second week of april till today... im here in my tita's place in batangas and while waiting for my mom to arrive this may, my sister and i are enjoying the life of a vacationist here. all we do is sleep, eat a lot, attend reunions, weddings, go swimming with cousins and relatives. its like we are on vacation heaven. haha. and its nice to be here and get to know my other relatives whom i dont know, and some of my relatives in the US came here to have the traditional filipino summer vacation. when my mom comes here on may, she said that we're going to the palawan island. wow. that means i get to ride on a ship. man, i cant wait.

this year's summer is great. the sun, the beaches, the boys, the new blossoming relationships*winks*, the food, all those free time to do anything anytime, anywhere, the time you get to spend with family and friends, the new stuff you learn from your new pals, and the old memories you get to share with your old friends... but im not gonna conclude this yet... im still halfway the summer vacation here so im just gonna end this entry with a simple advice, ENJOY LIFE WHILE YOU ARE STILL YOUNG...

PS: well, theres lots of things that are still running around my mind that i want to write and share with you guys, but i have to go now, my stomach is rumbling and i think that i need to go to the bathroom (ewww. avi, why do you need to share these stuff?) i think i ate too much this morning. haha.. but before i go i need to greet and apologize to some of my friends..

ANGELI, i know you are looking for me. here i am. i just wanna say i miss you so much.
NICK, congratulations on your graduation. im proud of you...
NING, congratulations on your graduation! and im sorry i missed your graduation party... i swear bawi ako sayo next time
LALAINE, happy 18th birthday... im sorry i missed your debut thingy... its just that wromg timing yun party mo. i was in a party as well that day... sorry...

yun mga nakalimutan ko... nakalimutan ko talaga e. haha. im beginning to have a short term memory problem like dory. haha. blame it on the summer fever. haha...
this is a pretty long entry... haha...